Thursday, August 29, 2013

Advocare Day 3

Pin It
Breakfast: a yucky fiber drink
followed by a yummy GNC
Total Lean chocolate
protein shake
Yesterday (day 2) seemed a little tough for me. I really craved dessert. I held strong and had grapes instead, but it was really hard! Other than that, I feel pretty normal. I don't think I have more or less energy, I don't feel like my mood or outlook is different --just normal. I also not feel deprived at all (except for the whole skipping dessert thing). I'm exercising as usual without making any major changes in that department. I know you're all probably wondering about weight loss. So far, I haven't noticed anything significant. Now, keep in mind that my goal with this cleanse was to hopefully get better skin, improve body functions, etc. weight loss would be nice, but I wasn't really expecting to lose much. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Part of the cleanse involves drinking A LOT of water and Spark (an Advocare energy-type beverage). Last night between 9 and 10pm, I got up 4 times to use the bathroom! I thought I'd never get to sleep! I read on an Advocare blog that the water/fluids are flushing your system of toxins, so I guess it's a good thing. They recommend a gallon of fluids each day.

Just some notes: the fiber drink is BAD BAD BAD! If you can see from my picture, it is grassy or gravelly or some gross texture and a little thick. I barely choke it down. Luckily, I'm done with that part of the cleanse for the next 3 days. When I start back up, I plan to sprinkle it on applesauce as suggested by my Advocare Advisor

Tomorrow I start on the probiotics tablets and get to take a brake from the fiber drink. I'm a little nervous for the weekend. We have plans to go to a Mexican restaurant, one of my favorites, and I'm pretty sure the clean eating, no sauce/carbs/white flour/etc will go out the window. So far, I have not cheated at all, so if it's my only slip-up day in 10 days I can live with that!

I'll post again in a couple of days and catch you up on my progress!

Until Next Time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment