Friday, August 30, 2013

Advocare Day 5: Halfway Done!

Pin It
Today is day 5 of the cleanse and I had hoped that the sugar cravings would go away. No such luck. Truly that has been the hardest part for me. I got past the no caffeine, coffee, soda, even bread, but the no sugar/chocolate/etc is killing me! Okay, so that's a little dramatic, but it has been pretty brutal! 

The best things so far???? Maybe a 1-2 pound weight loss. It's hard to tell. I've been weighing myself in the mornings and I'm pretty sure, though I didn't record it prior to starting, that I may be 1-2 lbs down. I used MyFitnessPal yesterday to check how much I'm actually eating because that is more likely the culprit to the weight loss rather than the cleanse vitamins. I ate pretty well and actually, with my workouts probably didn't eat enough calories. To be honest with you, I was secretly hoping that the cleanse would result in a 3-5 pound loss. 1-2 is likely just water weight (remember how I mentioned that the cleanse increases the urge to pee by about 1000%)
Okay TMI

Today I splurged a tiny bit by eating my Nonni's THINaddictives cookie/crackers that I received in my Influenster Good Live VoxBox. They are pretty healthy and a little sweet, so I went for it to try and make myself feel better about not having sugar. Tonight we have a football game, so it's going to be tough not to snack or have pop, but I'll get through it. Tomorrow is going to be a real test or maybe I should just come clean now and tell you that I will cheat tomorrow and it will be for most of the day. We are going to one of mi favorito Mexican restaurants tomorrow for lunch and then the Huskers play tomorrow night for their season opener. I have to have a living room tailgate party or my kids (and husband) would be so very disappointed. I will make some healthy options such as hummus and veggies and even have berries on hand, but chances are good that cheese will also be available, crackers, and maybe even some sort of bar cookie. It will be a glorious way to cheat! 

I'll post again after day 10 to let you all know my final results and to tell you if my lifestyle has changed, if I'd do it again, etc. Stay tuned!

Until Next Time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment