Thursday, August 29, 2013

Advocare 10-Day Cleanse: Day 1

Pin It Have you heard of Advocare? I hadn't either until recently when a friend of mine hosted a presentation regarding the products. So what is it you ask? In the word of Advocare itself:

AdvoCare is a premier health and wellness company offering world-class energy, weight-loss, nutrition, and sports performance products along with a rewarding business opportunity

After going to the presentation and hearing all the success stories, I went home and started my own research. I read numerous reviews and blogs about the products themselves, not about selling the products. Several of the reviews said that the 10 Day Cleanse products helped clear up their skin which would be a huge bonus for me.

Now if you're like me, the term "cleanse" terrifies you. Thinking of eating - no wait - drinking only juices for the next 10 days and making numerous trips to the bathroom do not sound like acne remedies to me! But, I assure you, I was mistaken. This is not a colon cleanse or a juice cleanse, it is an herbal cleanse, they assured me. I get to eat regular stuff - clean eating - and have to drink a special fiber blend plus take some vitamins, but that I won't have to forego eating for the next 10 days. So...I'm giving it a shot. Today is day 1 and here's how my day is shaping up:

This morning, I watched in envy as my kids and husband devoured homemade cinnamon rolls. Now, I said I could eat normal, but what I meant was "fairly normal". I do have to give up dairy (what?! no Greek Yogurt?!). I also need to stay away from sugar and white flour. So each meal consists of a lean protein, vegetables/fruit, and a complex carbohydrate. The cleanse also recommends a meal replacement shake for breakfast, however eggs, fruit, and toast are perfectly acceptable options as well. I decided, if I'm doing it, I'm all in, so I got meal replacement shakes. I got mine from GNC as I thought the Advocare ones were super expensive. The key is to get one high enough in protein to stay full. I had my fiber drink as soon as I got to work and 30 minutes later, I tried the protein shake (around 9am). By 11:30am I was had a tingle of hunger. Advocare does encourage a snack, so I had some grapes. (I didn't want to eat too much as I was planning on running over my lunch hour.)

Lunch consisted of tuna salad (1 can tuna, Tbs of mustard, onion, pepper, cherry tomatoes). I ate the tuna with a piece of whole wheat toast. I also had broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas.

My afternoon snack was a banana and some more grapes. I also had a Crystal Light energy packet in strawberry flavor.

For dinner we had kabobs: lean steak, tomatoes, onion, green, yellow, and red bell pepers. I had some grapes for "dessert".

Before bed, I took my herbal cleanse vitamins and an Omega 3.

So far, so good. Stay tuned for the next 10 days!

Until Next Time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment