Monday, August 19, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Pin It I haven't done a post like this in awhile and I've developed a few new obsessions! Here are just a few of the things that I'm loving now.




1. Best. Headbands. Ever SparklySoul Headbands.


 
 
These headbands truly are no slip. If you wear then right (towards the front of your hairline) they really don't move--at all! I wore mine for a 5 mile run the other day and did not adjust it once! They even fit my girls! My 5 year old wore hers for nearly an entire day on Saturday (and that is a BIG deal)! I won this pack of 5 from a contest that Sparkly Soul held on their social media sites. They are the BEST!



 
  2. Chobani Greek Yogurt

I eat Chobani yogurt every single day. I love it! I eat it in the morning for breakfast with a couple of tablespoons of granola plus and a tablespoon of chia seeds (a tip from Amanda Russell Fitness)his apple cinnamon flavor is one of my absolute favorites!







3. Yoga Mats by Aspen Yoga Mats


These yoga mats come in a variety of colors and include phrases (such as Balance) that are embroidered onto the mat. The mat itself is cushy, sticky, and super durable. It just makes me want to do yoga every single day! I won this mat from the Amanda Russell: Fit Strong and Sexy fitness program I love it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. My Brooks Running Shoes
Of course without a good pair of running shoes, any type of run is unbearable. It helps me to have cute ones too! These Ghost 6 are a perfect combo of cute and functional.
 
5.  BondiBand arm band for my iPod
I am addicted to audio books and this BondiBand iPod holder helps me immensely! I can take my book on the run with me and never get bored!
6. My Oakley workout towel. 
When I'm doing an indoor mat/floor workout, a Tracy Anderson Method workout, or an Amanda Russell YouTube workout, this towel comes in handy and helps me keep my mat nearly free from sweat droplets!
 
7. Amanda Russell Workouts AKA FitStrongandSexy
As you can tell since I referenced AR Workouts a couple of times in this post and have written posts about her workouts before. She is a YouTube Fitness star. As a former elite runner with a severe injury that ended her running career, she has now started her own training series. You can do her workouts for free on her YouTube Channel or you can also sign up fo $20 per month for a more personalized training and meal plan.
 
I would be remiss if I didn't mention some of my favorite after gym products. This primer from Benefit is one of my all time faves. It goes on silky and smooth and really does reduce the look of your pores. I got mine from TotalBeauty.
 
9. Dry Shampoo by Dove
I've tried a lot of dry shampoos and I've had my fair share of returning to work with white powdery substance in my part. The Dove Refresh and Care dry shampoo leaves nothing but a nice fresh scent. Dry shampoo is a must for lunch hour workouts.
 
These are just a few of my favorite things. I'd love to hear about some of yours!
 
Until Next Time,
Meg



 

No comments:

Post a Comment