Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Little Fashionistas!

Pin It
The last time I took my girls shopping, my oldest (9) wanted a maxi skirt in the worst way. Unfortunately, they did not have one in her size. To squelch her disappointment, I said, "honey, I can make you one." Her little eyes lit up and she began going through my fabrics in her head. What did I get myself into?!

When we got home, she promptly asked me if she could choose a fabric pattern. I only got out one before she exclaimed that it was "the one". She chose a black and white stripe t-shirt type material. (I'm pretty sure when I bought it, I was picturing making a maxi skirt out of it.) I simply used one of her maxi dresses as a pattern, laying it down and cutting around it. I used a 1.5 inch wide piece of elastic for the waistband. It literally took me only about 20 minutes to finish her skirt. Luckily, she's small and I had enough fabric to make one for Lydia and one for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment