Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Ultimate Plank Challenge

Pin It Okay, so one of the best flat belly exercises is the Plank. There are many variations of the Plank in order to work all of your abdominal muscles. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I try to do several short series of exercises throughout the day. My Challenge this week is to do some variation of the Plank 5+ times throughout each day in 1 minute segments. Some of my favorite variations can be found below. Remember that to maximize on results, you have to be mindful of your form. If you're doing it incorrectly, you risk injury plus lack of results!



First, the basic Plank (as demonstrated on Self Magazine's website
Simply get in this position and hold for 1 minute (or 30 seconds or as long as you can maintain good form).

One easy and effective variation of the basic plank that I learned from Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method.
Get in the basic Plank position (as shown above) then alternate touching one knee to the floor. Do 10 per knee and then bring both knees to the floor at the same time for 10 reps. Make sure to keep your back straight and your rear-end in line with your back and shoulder blades.


Below is a Plank workout series by one of my favorite trainers, Amanda Russell




Jillian Michaels



Stay tuned for a posting with some of my other favorite Ab moves. Let me know if you have a favorite Plank-style pose or use some of these posted below! Happy Planking -- hello super flat and toned stomach!

Until Next Time,
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment