Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Motivation

Pin It I'm constantly telling my mom, my sister, and my friends my tips on fitting a workout into a busy day, especially a day where motivation is lacking. We are all busy and I enjoy 30 more minutes of sleep in the morning just as much as you. I try to make working out a priority even on days when I'd rather just sit and relax.

Here are my top 5 motivation tips:

Lay out your workout clothes the night before. I know this isn't a new concept, but it is an important one that is worth repeating.

On days when I fail to get up early in the morning and do a workout. I try and do mini workouts throughout the day. For instance, every time I go to the bathroom, I perform a quick series, such as 10 pushups, 10 squats, I might lunge my way all the way to the bathroom.

Sign up for a race or an obstacle event. Nothing is more motivating than the fear of failure in public. Who wants to compete in a race unprepared?

When I'm bored with my workout, I get on YouTube. There are millions of video workouts on YouTube. Some of my favorites are: Amanda Russell and Tracy Anderson. Hulu also has ExerciseTV and there are some great quick workouts there as well. I also love PopSugar Fitness. They have a ton of 10 minute workouts on their website and YouTube. They are free and they do the workout with you!

Get an awesome playlist on your iPod and be sure and change it up so you're not counting the minutes by the song that is playing! Or do what I do: I checkout and download audio books to my iPod. Sometimes I run a mile further because I have to hear the end of the chapter!

I'm sure there are many more tips. If you have some that work for you, please post them in the comments section. I'd love to hear them!

Until Next Time,
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment