Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Listen....Really Listen

Pin It I am guilty of the "half listen". I'm not proud of it and I'm not bragging, but I'm guilty and I got called on it the other day. It's not that I don't value what others are saying, it's just that I'm always thinking of what's coming next. That's a good thing, right? Not exactly. What happens when you meet several people and then have to repeat their names, for instance to introduce them to your spouse? If you were thinking about what is going to happen next, you didn't listen to the names and you have no idea what to say in your introduction!

I don't think of myself as self-absorbed, but maybe I'm mistaken. Bottom line, I am going to slow down, listen--really listen, focus on the conversation that I'm in and forget about what's going to happen next.  After all, I do like surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment