Sunday, June 29, 2014

Surf's Up VoxBox

Pin It I received my latest Influenster VoxBox a little over a week ago and it contained products relating to the theme Surf's Up. Items included were: Sinful Colors Professional nail polish, Hawaiian Tropic After Sun moisturizer and soother, First Aid Shot Therapy: Pain Reliever, Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Shampoo and Conditioner, and a coupon for a free Jamba Juice At Home Smoothie Kit.

Now you all know that I love freebies just as much as the next girl. I love to try new products and share my thoughts. The Influenster program is a great way to do that. It entails applying to be a part of various themed programs (Surf's Up, Go, etc). Once qualified, Influenster sends me a box filled with about 5 products relating to the theme. It is then my "job" to sample and share (via social media and word of mouth) my thoughts on the products. I share them through a variety of challenges that each brand posts, such as taking pictures of the product on the shelf at the grocery store, etc. It's a great program and tons of fun! If you're interested in becoming an Influenster, let me know and I'll send you an invite. Now on to my review!

I was going for "gnarly"
First up, Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish. The color that I received is Aqua and reminds me of a mermaid (or at least what I imagine a mermaid to be in color, I have not actually ever seen a mermaid). Anyway.... The color wasn't something that I would choose, but I painted up my nails anyway and it turned out to be a pretty color. However, my review is not to focus on the color, but on how long this polish stayed put. I left it on all week and only had a few chips on the very tips of a couple of nails. This includes a week of dish washing (hand washing because my dishwasher is broken) and a weekend of camping. I cannot believe how long this polish lasts! Oh, and another thing - it's only $1.99 at Walgreens! Can't beat that. They have a ton of different colors to choose from and I plan to purchase my next polish from this brand - simply for its staying power.  


Next: First Aid Shot Therapy Pain Reliever. This was a product that I wasn't wild about sampling. I'm not big on pain killer, but as promised, I sampled it anyway. I had a headache after work a few days ago and decided to give it a try. First of all, it tasted TERRIBLE! I'm not going to lie, it was pretty hard to choke this stuff down. It did the trick and got rid of my headache, but I will probably not be purchasing this anytime soon.


Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Shampoo and Conditioner. My favorite hairstyle is the beachy wave look, especially if it can be achieved without much work. A shampoo and conditioner set that touts creating that look with only a single wash? That is my kind of product! This duo smelled amazing (think: coconut-y beach-type smell). I love the products, however I did not magically have beach waves with zero work. The first time I used them, I did not add any additional product and my hair simply looked like I didn't fix it at all (though it smelled great). The second time, I added additional product and got the beach look I was going for. I would probably buy these again, just for the smell! 



Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun lotion. I love love love this! MOstly because of the smell (papaya and coconut), but also because it truly is soothing. It has these ribbons of the two gels/creams (aloe and lotion) so that with each squeeze of product, you get a little of both. I am pretty careful in the sun and anal about sunscreen, so I don't typically burn. However, I do have sensitive skin and get razor burn from time to time in some delicate places. I used this hydrating and soothing lotion after shaving and it worked wonders! 



Jamba Juice At Home Smoothie Kit: We got Mango-a-go-go and Blue Fusion. Tonight we tried the Mango-a-go-go and it was delicious! It is a blend of mango, pineapple, passion fruit juice blend, and apple juice. You simply dump the package into the blender (we used the Magic Bullet) and then add 8oz of apple juice. Then you blend and enjoy only a minute and a half later! They are low in calories and have zero fat grams. I think you could add any additional fruits that you wanted (we added blueberries to one glass and it was delicious too). I accidentally forgot to use my coupon to get these free, so I will definitely be going back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment