- Play games with my kids more. I spend a lot of time "hanging out" with my girls while they play. This year, I want to teach them various card games (I was a master at War when I was a child and my girls have never even heard of that card game!)
- Be tidier. I probably set this goal every year and it is the one that I fall away from the first. My plan is to spend 20 minutes (or more, but at least 20 minutes) cleaning every day. I can do it over lunch, in the morning, evening, or after the girls go to bed.
- Listen better. Specifically, listen to my husband better. Turn off all the things going on in my mind, put down electronics or my magazine, and really listen -- without interrupting (which is one of my bad habits)
- Exercise. Of course you knew that I would have this on my list. Not only is it the most popular resolution in the nation, but it is something that I am quite passionate about. To be more specific: do at least 15 minutes each day.
- Cut down on sugar. I just keep reading about all the benefits to eating little to no sugar that I have to try it! It will be quite difficult for me as I love dessert and sweets. I'm not cutting it totally out, but I will be more aware of how much I'm consuming and make real efforts to cut back
- Save money. I am pretty frugal, but I also purchase a lot of things on impulse that I don't really need. I resolve to walk away and come back to the item if I really think I need it.
I think that's it for now. What are some of your resolutions?
Until Next Time,