Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yay For Dry Shampoo!

Pin It
I have to say, one of the greatest beauty products on the market right now is dry shampoo. With the winter being so dry and damaging to my hair, I try not to wash it every single day. However, I have straight, kind of fine hair and it sometimes looks oily by the end of the day, let alone by the end of day that I don't wash it!

I've tried a variety of brands of dry shampoo from drugstore brands such as Tresemme to salon brands such as TIGI. The Tresemme has the best scent out of all the ones that I tried, however the can plugged up and I was unable to use it only after about 4 uses. The TIGI Rockaholic is my go-to brand right now. It typically costs around $14, so it doesn't break the bank and it sure does save time in the mornings when I don't want to wash my strands!

Thanks to Glamour Magazine, I just tried Suave Professional Keratin Infused Dry Shampoo and it got the job done--for two days of no washing (plus one workout)!! I've included a couple of pics of my hair on day 2 so you can see how the dry shampoo kept my hair from looking oily.

Thanks Glamour for the sample. This is a product that I will be purchasing in the future!

Until Next Time,
Meg





2 comments:

  1. Discovered your blog via People's Style Watch A-Listers. I tried a brand of dry shampoo recently, it worked pretty good, but it's so nice to read your review of other brands. I had torn my ACL so it was difficult balancing in the shower and had I known about these a few years ago it would have been really helpful for my Mom when she broke her arm and dislocated her rotator cuff.

    I also have very fine and straight hair, so I agree, YAY for dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently colored my hair a darker brunette and dry shampoo has an entirely different effect on it now! My TIGI Rockaholic left a white residue in my hair, while the Suave didn't. Good news for the drug store brand!
      Thanks for the comments!
      Meg

      Delete