Friday, August 20, 2010

Time For Me

Pin It I've talked about my desire to run or work out on a more regular basis and now I can proudly say that for the past 2 weeks (every day but one) I have gotten up at 5:30 am to run. My husband usually gets up at 6 and goes out, so my goal was to get up, run, and be home in time for him to get up and go. It has felt so great!

I know that I have meant well before and tried the whole get up in the morning tactic. The key this time is that I am setting an alarm to wake me up. Once it goes off, there is no going back to sleep. This morning, I even had to get up earlier because I had a 7am meeting. I was out the door by 5:05 and still felt great!

My husband used to always say, "instead of making excuses not to do it, you should try to make excuses to do it." The best part about it is that I am not cutting into any time with my family. I'm out there and all I'm missing is 45 minutes of sleep. My girls still aren't awake yet when I get home. I have plenty of time in the morning to get ready. I've even been watching the news!

What's that they say, that it takes 21 days to make something a habit? I'll update you all at the end of next week and tell you if I developed a new habit or not!

Until Next Time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment