Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Line Between Friend and Boss

Pin It I am the executive director at my place of employ and I have two women working for/with me at the office that I supervise. I must admit, I cross the faint line between friend and boss quite frequently. It is hard when I spend a great deal of time with these two women and even harder because we have SO much in common. I definitely call them my "friends".

It didn't feel like a problem until one of them did something recently that I morally disagree with to the depths of my bones. I found out that she cheated on her husband of one year (before the marriage and during). She did not tell me this juicy secret, but I have heard it nonetheless.

Now I am having a hard time being "friendly" in the office. I am still cordial and am maintaining a working relationship, however I no longer want to know what she did over the weekend, I don't want to talk shopping, fashion, or any small talk for that matter.

I don't know if I'm more disappointed/disgusted because of what she did and continues to do in her personal life (though they have filed for divorce) or if it's because she didn't view me as enough of a friend to tell me the secret before someone else did. She does not know that I am aware of what she did and she honestly thinks that I will not ever find out. We live in a town of less than 7,000 people...I was bound to find out.

Anyway, I am obsessing over it, I'm stressed out, I'm breaking out! Anyone reading this blog, please feel free to give advice!

Until Next Time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment