Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Effort

Pin It 2010 will bring many resolutions and intended changes, whether that be to start something new or to stop a bad habit. For me, my list contains the usual: eat better, exercise more, run a 10K or even a half marathon, learn something new, keep up with my blogging, etc. But it also will contain the following:
  • Talk more to my husband (really talk, not just "how was your day?")
  • Say "no" to evening commitments in order to spend more time with my family
  • On those evenings, SPEND time with family doing something other than TV
I'm looking for any advice on how to keep my resolutions this year as they are my life, literally.

So many take advantage of having a family to come home to that we don't appreciate what that means. We go through the routine of our lives, get up, get the kids ready, get ready yourself, go to work, pick the kids up, get supper ready, get kids ready for bed, go to bed ourselves.

We can still have the routine, but instead of going through it everyday with tunnel vision, we should take a breath, thank God for what He has given us, and EMBRACE the day. Point out new things to your kids on the way to school/day care, involve your kids in making supper and cleaning up, play family games after supper.

I resolve to make some changes this year...who's with me?!

Cheers,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment