Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Running to the Wall

Pin It I've decided to run a couple of 5K races coming up in the next 4 weeks. So...that means that I've got to get motivated and consistent in my running. I've been doing pretty well the last two weeks. Yes, here it comes....BUT it is now 90+ degrees outside every day and that makes it tough to run at 5:30 pm after I'm home from work. I know what you're thinking, "get up in the morning and run when it's cooler". The problem with that is that my husband is out the door to do his running at 5:45 am and we have two sleeping children that can't be left alone.

So, I've been running on the treadmill in the basement. I used to do most of my running on a treadmill and it never bothered me. A little more than a year ago, I began running outside on the running trail (200 meters from my front door) and now it's torture to look at the same wall for 30 minutes!

BUT...I am determined and I have found some fun races to keep me motivated. Check out the Skirt Chaser Series. It looks like a blast and finishes up with a fashion show and a block party! I may even get to meet up with one of my fellow Glambassadors from Denver while I'm in town!

The other race is the Bill Seymour race Grand Island, Nebraska. The highlight of that race (for me anyway) is that my Mother-in-law will be competing in it. Last year she won the Grand Island YMCA Biggest Loser competition. She called my husband and asked him if he'd make the trip to run in the race along with one of her daughters and grand kids. It should be a really great time.

Back to my training...
Until next time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment