Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Place Like Home

Pin It There is nothing like a nice long run (4 miles for me) in the sandhills while the grandparents spend time with the girls. I have nothing telling me I have to hurry back to the house. And because it is the sandhills, there is no noise for miles except for the sound of grass hoppers jumping across the trail road in front of my legs. It is the most peaceful and beautiful place on earth.

Growing up in the sandhills, one may not appreciate the beauty and the peace. One only notices that the roads are terribly bumpy and the nearest town (population less than 500) is 30+ miles away! But after moving away, it is a place that I sorely miss. Nothing feels more like home than the ranch that I grew up on.

I am thankful that I am able to bring my girls out to the ranch and that they get to experience some of the things that I did when I was young. They get to steer the pickup when Grandpa drives, ride horses, ride in tractors, feed the cows, pet barn kitties, and explore the endless beauty of the land.

Ahhhh, there's no place like home!
Until next time,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment