Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Perks of Protein

Pin It
This summer I tried Amanda Russell's 5-Day Challenge (click here to read about my experience). During the Challenge, Amanda provided meal suggestions as well as exercise routines for each day. One of the things that she incorporated into her meal plan was protein. So I purchased a big jug of egg protein powder (I heard Whey tasted bad so I went with egg). I put the protein in my morning shakes or sprinkled some in my oatmeal, yogurt, etc. I also learned of my love of Greek Yogurt at this same moment, however that is for a different post on another day! 
Protein helps keep you feeling full, which is why a protein shake or a protein bar can actually be your meal. Protein is slow to digest and provides your body with added energy. No this is not a lesson on nutrition, but rather the platform to tell you my Special K story.

Recently, I received a Special K Gift Box from People StyleWatch Style Hunters. The box included: protein cereal, protein shakes, and 4 different protein bars. So far, I am loving the bars and the cereal. I have yet to try the protein shake, though I am pretty excited! Especially right now. Lately, I have had a lunch meeting every single day for the last 2 weeks. This wreaks havoc on my usually very nutritious home lunch routine. The bars and cereal have been great to start my day on track. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for the shake! I'll keep you posted! 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment